This is what I saw today as I looked up through my sunroof. It made me think about which of my clients need to get out and see some houses.
I know that sellers and listing agents prefer to have Open Houses when the weather is beautiful and the sun is brightly shining and filling each room of the home or condo with natural light. It is in their interest to show the home when it looks its very best. As an exclusive buyer agent, I prefer to show homes during rain storms. It is easy to fall in love with a home on a perfect day, but when it rains my buyer clients get a much more realistic view of the home.
Seeing a home while it is raining allows buyers to see:
- If there are any leaks in the roof.
- Where the water flows from the roof and if the gutters and drains are pushing the water away from the home.
- If there are any areas in the yard where water puddles form and stay without draining.
- If there are any clogged drains that the seller has not been watching.
- If the the sump pump is running non stop during the rain, what happens if the power goes out?.
- If the basement floods during the rain, and
- What the house looks like when it is darker outside.
So when I see this view in the sky, I think it looks like a good time to show some homes.
If you, or someone you know is thinking about buying or selling a home in the DC Metropolitan Area, give me a call to Get Started.