Did you know that when you write an offer on a home, you have the right to choose the settlement company? In Virginia, Maryland and DC the homebuyer has the right to choose where they have their settlement, yet buyers often rely on a real estate agent to select one for them. It’s not a bad idea to do a little research and pick the one that is best for you. But if you haven’t purchased a home before, how do you know what makes a good settlement company?
I’ve worked with dozens of great settlement companies over the years. Here is a list of the ones I most often recommend to my clients:
David Modell, Law Office David P. Modell, 7316 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814, 301-634-9820 (VA, MD and DC)
Sara Rodriguez, EKKO Title, 3321 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22207, 703-527-3556
Patrick Tangney, Logan Title, 2308 14th Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20009, 202-400-2509
Scott Weaver, Scott B. Weaver Law Offices, 510 King Street, Suite 304, Alexandria, VA 22314, 703-836-6600 (VA)
Why are these people on my list of recommended settlement companies?
They are detail oriented, friendly people who have consistently provided smooth transactions for my clients. How do they do this? They meet the Hollish Hill Group standards by:
- Drafting preliminary settlement sheets in advance so agents can see if there and any changes needed early in the process.
- Alerting buyers to any issues on the termite report, property survey or title report before they are sitting at the settlement table.
- Disclosing the title insurance options ahead of time so buyers understand what is required and recommended in their transaction.
- Charging very reasonable fees for the services they provide to my clients.
- Offering great office facilities that are clean and convenient for my clients, including parking validation.
- Working well with lenders so the final settlement sheet is ready and available with plenty of time for the buyers and sellers to review it ahead of settlement and coordinate funding.
As the Principal of Hollish Hill Group, my duty is to my clients. We really help our clients by putting all the pieces of the home buying process together for you in a way that is easy to understand. The more educated homebuyers are on the home buying process, the better the real estate market is for everyone.
If you are thinking about buying a home and would like to discuss these or any other service providers I recommend to my clients, feel free to give me a call at 202-271-5301 to Get Started.